forums Weight Loss Tickers Weight Loss Newsletter
Best Diet Pill Review weight-loss-forum-image Weight loss weight-loss-forum-image
weight-loss-forum-image weight-loss-forum-image image weight-loss-forum-image
Save $44 + Free Shipping on 3 Month Order! Diet forum weight-loss-forum-image weight-loss-forum-image weight-loss-forum-image
Phentramin-d Testimonials 2 weight-loss-forum-image
weight-loss-forum-image2 Buy Phentramin-d Online weight-forum-image weight-loss-forum-image
Phentramin-d Testimonials weight-loss-forum-image
weight-loss-forum-image4 weight-loss

Go Back   Weight Loss Forum - Diet Forum - Weight loss Diet Forum Online > Weight Loss Motivation > Weight Loss Goals
 Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weight Loss Goals Track your weight loss and get support from our members, New Years Resolutions...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-17, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 167
Default Can more salt lead to more weight loss?

I recently heard that if you add more salt to your diet that this can lead to more weight loss. This can't be true, right? Even if it is, I can't imagine how upping your sodium intake could be good for your health.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-17, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 189
Default

Um, where did you hear this Mike? This sounds completely bogus to me. I know that eating a lot of salt won't necessarily increase body fat but I know that it can lead to water retention, which means more water weight and giving you that fat and bloaty look. I have no idea how eating more salt could be good for weight loss or your health...
tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara View Post
Um, where did you hear this Mike? This sounds completely bogus to me. I know that eating a lot of salt won't necessarily increase body fat but I know that it can lead to water retention, which means more water weight and giving you that fat and bloaty look. I have no idea how eating more salt could be good for weight loss or your health...
Yeah...I also think this sounds a little bogus. I mean what happens if you ever eat a lot of salt? Personally I get really bloated and retain a whole pile of water...not to mention upping salt can also be bad for your health and raise your blood pressure among other not so good things. I would look further into this research you heard about. Chances are that you'll find they need to conduct further studies to solidify their findings.
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 143
Default

I think what you've heard about salt and weight loss has to do with some space study that found astronauts lost weight with salt or something like that. Although the findings were interesting, there needs to be WAY more research conducted to prove any theories or preliminary findings that more salt can be beneficial for weight loss.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-17, 09:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne View Post
I think what you've heard about salt and weight loss has to do with some space study that found astronauts lost weight with salt or something like that. Although the findings were interesting, there needs to be WAY more research conducted to prove any theories or preliminary findings that more salt can be beneficial for weight loss.
Oh? was it a space study? I had no idea that's what it was. It was honestly something I had just randomly heard. I seriously didn't look into anything about it at all, I was just curious if anyone hear had heard about it.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 194
Default

I don't know about any space study, but I have heard that certain types of salt are good for you and actually important to your body's health. To be clear, table salt isn't good for you and will cause weight gain. This is the finely gained salt that most people cook with, add to their food or is the crap that's in lots o pre-packaged junk.

The best form of sodium (an essential mineral that your body requires by the way) is sea salt. This is unprocessed and wind produced salt. Other good sources of salt include salt that naturally occurs in plain yogurt, baking soda, mustard, dutch cocoa powder and tamari. Obviously, you still shouldn't eat a lot of salt, but you should make sure that you have some in you diet daily.
bigbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 08:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobby View Post
I don't know about any space study, but I have heard that certain types of salt are good for you and actually important to your body's health. To be clear, table salt isn't good for you and will cause weight gain. This is the finely gained salt that most people cook with, add to their food or is the crap that's in lots o pre-packaged junk.

The best form of sodium (an essential mineral that your body requires by the way) is sea salt. This is unprocessed and wind produced salt. Other good sources of salt include salt that naturally occurs in plain yogurt, baking soda, mustard, dutch cocoa powder and tamari. Obviously, you still shouldn't eat a lot of salt, but you should make sure that you have some in you diet daily.
I've also heard that getting adequate salt is important to your health and diet. I just don't think it can help with weight loss beyond being a natural part of a healthy diet. Plus I'm pretty sure that we all get op much salt in our diets anyway.
brightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 07:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightstar View Post
I've also heard that getting adequate salt is important to your health and diet. I just don't think it can help with weight loss beyond being a natural part of a healthy diet. Plus I'm pretty sure that we all get op much salt in our diets anyway.
Yeah. I guess that does make sense.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.

#1 Diet Pill Phentramin-D
Weight Loss Tools

Diet & Nutrition

Diet Programs

General Health

Weight Loss Products Fitness & Exercise

Weight Loss Forum

Weight Loss Blog

Copyright 2009, Weight-loss-center.net. All rights reserved.