MetaboSpeed XXX boasts itself as the diet pillf the stars, claiming in big print “What Stars use to lose weight fast”. This is one of MetaboSpeed’s claims to fame and the first thing that was looked into when reviewing this pill because often if the propaganda is shoddy, chances are the pill is too.
You will quickly find out that MetaboSpeed’s claims to celebrity fame are based on only two celebrities supposedly trying this product – Oprah and Bette Midler. Right away you have to agree, that although these women are truly great, they are not the best poster children for weight loss. If MetaboSpeed really worked that well then I would expect to see them slimmer, but this has not been the case. To top off the conspiracy theory, the articles written about Bette and Oprah using MetaboSpeed are mysteriously similar. Same writer, but different magazine? Probably not. Looks like misleading propaganda to me, so let’s see what MetaboSpeed has to hide.
Review of MetaboSpeed Ingredients
MetaboSpeed is an herbal diet pill that contains a large amountf Guarana Extract, combined with lesser amounts of Bitterorange Extract and a Proprietary Blend that contains unspecified amountsfther herbal ingredients.
- Guarana Extract – Guarana is a native Amazon plant that is commonly found in Brazil. The seedsf the Guarana plant contain approximately five times more caffeine as coffee beans. MetaboSpeed contains 800mg of Guarana Extract standardized to 20% caffeine,r inther words it contains 160mg of caffeine, which is equivalent to the amount of caffeine in a strong cup of coffee. Although caffeine may temporarily cause a decrease in appetite, raise energy levels and stimulate the metabolism, many will argue that consuming caffeine regularly will actually cause the opposite effects thwarting any weight loss benefits caffeine may promise. So, although 800mg of Guarana sounds impressive, really it is has no more benefit than a cup of coffee and really won’t be very effective for weight loss.
- Bitterorange Extract – Bitterorange Extract is theil that is extracted from fruit of the tree Citrus aurantium and is a common ingredient in many herbal diet pills. Bitterorange extract contains synephrine and octopamine, which is similar to ephedrine that raises blood pressure, heart rate and metabolism. Despite the boost in energy that citrus aurantium provides, there is no clinical evidence that citrus aurantium is effective for weight loss. There are some published studies that show that Citrus aurantium has lipolytic effects, however the bad news is that it needs to be consumed in quantities so high that there is a great risk for adverse health effects. The bottom line is that MetaboSpeed does not contain enough Bitterorange extract to warrant its claims as an effective diet pill.
- Proprietary Blend – MetaboSpeed XXX’s proprietary blend contains a myriad of popular weight loss herbs, but at 160mg combined there is almost no possibility that the proprietary blend will really help you to lose weight. Here’s a brief look at the proprietary ingredients:
- Cellulose - cellulose is a fiber that expands in the stomach and makes you feel full longer
- Green Tea - proven to increase thermogenesis (fat burning) in the body, but only if you drink 3 to 5 cups a day, which is much more that the equivalent found in MetaboSpeed
- Korean Ginseng - there is some evidence that ginseng may aid weight loss by increasing metabolism; however the minimum dosage for these benefits is recommended to be 200mg at least
- Garcinia cambogia - the extract from garcinia cambogia extract is hydroxycitric acid (HCA), claimed to suppress appetite and enhance fat-burning. There are a few published studies that support HCA’s weight loss benefits, but in these studies HCA was used in amounts much greater (e.g. 1500mg) than it is contained in MetaboSpeed’s proprietary blend
- Bee pollen - there is no evidence that bee pollen aids weight loss in any amount, but it does provide many nutrients that will improve your overall health (for more information see Health Benefitsf Bee Pollen)
- White willow bark extract - white willow bark extract has little to no weight loss benefits itself, but it is believed that it may extend the thermogenic effects of other supplements it is taken with
- Vanadium – Vanadium works as an insulin mimic and has shown to inhibit the synthesis of cholesterol
MetaboSpeed and Weight Loss – Does MetaboSpeed XXX Work?
Well, it is not surprising at all that the ingredientsf MetaboSpeed are as shoddy as its promotional propaganda. Although MetaboSpeed does contain some herbal ingredients that have proven weight loss benefits, they are not contained in concentrations high enough to have any real effect at all. The only benefit you may experience from taking MetaboSpeed is a little energy rush; similar to if you throw back a strong cup of coffee. The only way this diet pill will help you shed the pounds is if you use that energy rush to workout or run around the block a few times. Don’t bother wasting your money on this diet pill.