Where to get trustworthy advice outside of a doctor's office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get trustworthy advice outside of a doctor's office

I know that when it comes to dieting or any other health thing, talking to your doctor really is the be all and end all of the right healthy information but I find myself with a lot of questions on a regular basis while I’m trying to do things right. I can’t afford to go to the doctor every single time I have a question and I know that he won’t appreciate it if I keep phoning to ask which type of bread is better or whether or not whole wheat pasta really makes a difference etc.

Outside of a doctor, who is the next best person who can advise me or the next best resource I can find online, to answer my questions and will not just give me faddy answers. I want something healthy so that I can keep it up long term.

your pharmacist, a dietician, a nutritionist, and a physical trainer can all probably give you some help. Just make sure that you aren't listening to someone who is trying to sell you something.

Comment

You could probably talk to someone at a health food store if it's someone who actually knows something about the foods as opposed to someone who is just working there to run the till. I know a lot of the small locations (not the chain stores) know a lot about the various foods they sell and about supplements that can be helpful. Just make sure that they're talking about the benefits and not just trying to sell you a product.

Comment

I think that when it really comes to your health, stick to your doctor

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
        X