Tips for quick, easy meals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for quick, easy meals

Are you getting stressed out on hectic nights trying to prepare healthy, tasty meals? Do some pre-planning and stock your kitchen with some very important staples.

Make sure you have the right cookware: veggie streamer, non stick pan, and micorvable dishes will cut down on your cooking time. Also fry pans with lids, woks are great for stir fries and a slow cooker is super easy for soups, chili, and stews.

Use quick and easy cooking methods i.e. stir fries, microwaving and steaming are all fast and healthy ways to cook vs fried or pan fried.

Do some of your prep work the night before (or whenever). i.e. if you are waiting for tonight's pasta to boil, cut up tomorrows flank steak and put it in a ziplock baggie with marinade and it will be all ready for the grill tomorrow.

Make your life simple: used packed salads, pasta sauces etc. when you are in a hurry.

Combine steps to save time. If you are boiling water, use it for two items instead of just one. i.e. first do your pasta, then once that's done use it for your frozen vegetables.

Handy food and items you should stock your kitchen with:

n your refrigerator:

* Eggs (or egg substitute).
    * Fat-free Parmesan cheese.
    * Fresh fruit.
    * Green onions.
    * Jar of minced garlic.
    * Low-fat shredded cheese.
    * Low-fat yogurt.
    * Low-sodium soy sauce.
    * Pre-washed and sliced veggies.
    * Ready-to-eat salad bags.
    * Reduced-calorie margarine.
    * Fat-free milk.

In your freezer:

* Boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
    * Frozen pasta such as tortellini or ravioli.
    * Frozen vegetables.
    * Frozen yogurt.
    * Lean meat and pork.
    * Leftovers!
    * Salad-size shrimp.

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
X