Ineffective of Unproven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ineffective of Unproven

I've got a question about Hoodia. I know that there are some people who claim Hoodia works and others who swear it doesn't.

What I want to know is this herb's potential effects unproven or has it just been flat out proven to be ineffective for appetite suppression or weight loss?
    Reach your weight loss goal fast at the Weight Loss Center

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post
    I've got a question about Hoodia. I know that there are some people who claim Hoodia works and others who swear it doesn't.

What I want to know is this herb's potential effects unproven or has it just been flat out proven to be ineffective for appetite suppression or weight loss?
    As far as I understand it, research is simply inconclusive. Some research has found it might have the potential to do it while other research has found it does nothing.

Comment

I think it's both ineffective and unproven.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina View Post
        I think it's both ineffective and unproven.
        I had a feeling this would be the case. I just find it so surprising that it's not effective when bushmen were supposedly supposed to have used it for centuries to suppress their appetite for long journeys or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post
          I had a feeling this would be the case. I just find it so surprising that it's not effective when bushmen were supposedly supposed to have used it for centuries to suppress their appetite for long journeys or something.
          Yeah. There's a lot of surprising things like that about any herbs they promote for health and weight loss. Honestly, the more I read about a lot of herbal medicine the more it sounds like it's based on "old wives tales" without any actual science to back any of it up.

Plus, just because something might work for bushmen in South Africa, this doesn't meant that it's going to do anything for someone who is attempting to lose weight. It's not like the bushmen were taking the herb because they were trying to slim down...

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
            Yeah. There's a lot of surprising things like that about any herbs they promote for health and weight loss. Honestly, the more I read about a lot of herbal medicine the more it sounds like it's based on "old wives tales" without any actual science to back any of it up.

Plus, just because something might work for bushmen in South Africa, this doesn't meant that it's going to do anything for someone who is attempting to lose weight. It's not like the bushmen were taking the herb because they were trying to slim down...
            That's exactly it brightstar. Everyone keeps comparing hoodia's appetite suppression effects to the effects it allegedly had on these bushmen, but they weren't taking it for weight loss. They were taking it to help them feel less hungry when they weren't eaten anything or when food was scarce. It's not like they could eat whatever they wanted and were trying to watch their waistlines...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbobby View Post
              That's exactly it brightstar. Everyone keeps comparing hoodia's appetite suppression effects to the effects it allegedly had on these bushmen, but they weren't taking it for weight loss. They were taking it to help them feel less hungry when they weren't eaten anything or when food was scarce. It's not like they could eat whatever they wanted and were trying to watch their waistlines...
              Hahaha I never really thought about it that way, but, yeah, you've got a good point lol!

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X