FDA prescription drugs lose approval a lot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDA prescription drugs lose approval a lot

Has anyone noticed that diet pills that get FDA approval for prescription get that taken away and get banned a lot? It makes me not want to trust the ones they newly approve.

I think it looks like they're banned a lot because they make headlines and we focus on them. Only a very small fraction have that happen. I'm glad they're willing to change their mind to make htings safe. They can only know as much as is known. Most drugs still stay available.

Comment

This kind of thing always worries me. I feel like the FDA is under pressure to get more diet pills out there because so many of us have obesity. But they don't do quite enough to make sure that there aren't severe side effects when used in real world circumstances. I wouldn't ever use a diet pill inside 2 years of its approval. All those dieters are seriously guinea pigs.

Comment

More stay approved than the number that end up losing their approval. It's likely just headlines that make it seem worse than it is. Barely any get approved in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by KraftyJo View Post
          More stay approved than the number that end up losing their approval. It's likely just headlines that make it seem worse than it is. Barely any get approved in the first place.
          I agree. Occasionally one that was approved will lose that approval, but most don't receive approval in the first place and when they do, they're usually around until/unless the pharmaceutical company thinks there isn't enough of a market for it and it can't be rebranded for another purpose

Comment

True. On rare occasion something the FDA approved will be removed again, but mostly if a pill goes away it's because the company behind it doesn't find it profitable anymore.
            Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

Comment

I don't think they lose approval any more than any other type of drug. It's just that many other medicaitons don't make headlines as much.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X