Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me out with getting abs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me out with getting abs?

I lost 40 lbs in the last year. I actually did it in about 6 months and have just kind of plateaued since. i'm 5'10 and a half. I was 215 lbs and now I'm 175. There's still a little flab and i just want to get my body looking tighter. In fact, i still have a gut, but I look skinny (my body is kind of weird). I've actually always had some kind of gut even when I was a skinny kid in my early teens, maybe that's just how my body is built.

Anyway, to lose the weight I just ran a lot. I have yet to do any strength/weight training and I just run. I was trying my best to eat right and I did a pretty good job for a while with that. I just tried to not eat like complete crap, because that's what i did to get up to 215 lbs in the first place. I just cut down on the crappy food eating and replaced it with more fruit and veggies. Tried not eating so late at night either. Calorie counting is rather mentally taxing, but I find myself doing it. It's very annoying to be honest haha.

I guess I'm just trying to get at the next level now. It was great getting all the reactions to my weight loss like I did. A bunch of people's double takes and people going "HOLY ****!" after they hadn't seen me in while. I just feel like getting to a better level.

So I guess I'm looking for advice on diet (which i need to buckle down on), and exercises and whatever else i need to know.
    Last edited by weightloss4804; 12-26-11, 05:48 PM. Reason: link removal

Congrats on your weight loss 40lbs is a great accomplishment. I would say keep up the cardio (running, swimming etc.) and then start adding sit ups/ab crunches 3-4x per week.

Comment

Congrats on the great weight loss so far! Sounds like you really know what you're doing.

I think maybe the reason you've plateaued is that you've reached a healthy weight for now and so your goal shouldn't really be to lose weight as much as it is to tone.

Keep up your cardio work, but - as the other friendly posters here have said - get some toning exercises going with crunches, curls, etc. You could probably talk to a personal trainer at a local gym about the type of routine that you should practice.

Don't forget that it's important to work on different muscle groups every day to give them time to relax and heal in their "days off". You get much better results that way and you also help yourself to avoid injury.

Comment

Just do this!

If you want to have abs. Just do 100 curl ups or sit ups. You will see the result after 2 months. You must eat more protein foods.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
        X