Diet Doc Telemedicine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Doc Telemedicine

Anyone else heard of Diet Doc? It's supposedly some telemedicine diet program that's really popular right now and it's good for heart health supposedly. Also, the company behind this plan claims that over 97% of patients lose 20 or more pounds per month. This sounds a little bogus to me. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it?

Never heard about it but It just looks like an infomercial to me. I don't trust claims like that for two reasons. 1- is that this percentage likely means that they are including very few people among those patients and 2 - losing 20 or more pounds in a month sounds like a stretch to me because I don't feel like that accurately represents the average overweight (not obese) individual and it makes me wonder what kind of diet needs to be followed to reach this amount of weight loss!

Comment

Originally posted by kellykatt View Post
      Never heard about it but It just looks like an infomercial to me. I don't trust claims like that for two reasons. 1- is that this percentage likely means that they are including very few people among those patients and 2 - losing 20 or more pounds in a month sounds like a stretch to me because I don't feel like that accurately represents the average overweight (not obese) individual and it makes me wonder what kind of diet needs to be followed to reach this amount of weight loss!
      I agree. Sounds bogus to me. It's always fishy when there are statistics posted that sound a little too good to be true. Personally, I would stay away from this one.

Comment

I've made a promise to myself to never trust any product or porgram that has the word "doc" "doctor" or "Dr." in it. I find that this stuff is the worst scams of all because people or more inclined to believe it is safe or that it works simply because it was created by or recommended by some doctor. The only doctors I trust are my personal physicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiff View Post
          I've made a promise to myself to never trust any product or porgram that has the word "doc" "doctor" or "Dr." in it. I find that this stuff is the worst scams of all because people or more inclined to believe it is safe or that it works simply because it was created by or recommended by some doctor. The only doctors I trust are my personal physicians.
          That's a really good point. I never really thought if it like that, but you're right...I mean, look at Dr. Oz...

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
          X