Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Research shows $$ not needed to lose weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Research shows $$ not needed to lose weight

    A study from researchers at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus was published in the Obesity journal, called “Determining the Effectiveness of Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a Nationally Available Nonprofit Weight Loss Program” and it showed that some good quality inexpensive nonprofit weight loss programs are just as effective as the more expensive ones. That’s certainly good news to those of us who don’t have a lot of extra cash to throw around at the moment.
    Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

  • #2
    Originally posted by freddyboy View Post
    it showed that some good quality inexpensive nonprofit weight loss programs are just as effective as the more expensive ones.
    That's really great news. It's good to hear that those of us who don't have thousands of dollars in specialists and equipment have just as much of a shot as the people who spend a fortune. Does the study happen to mention which ones were the inexpensive nonprofit weight loss programs that worked the best?
    Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

    Comment


    • #3
      I read that article, too, on the Science Daily website, and it didnt' say which diets were the effective ones. They only compared them in terms of cost and it showed that hte pricier ones didn't perform any better than the ones that cost a lot more. it just showed that good diet help is out there without having to spend a huge amount...you're right, though, it'd be nice to know specifically what was studied.

      Comment


      • #4
        I know people who have done weight watchers ($10 per week) and ones who have done LA weight loss and spent like 2k on this that and the other thing and they both got the same results in the same amount of time. It can be done with the right knowledge about food, will power and support when needed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lydiapurple View Post
          I know people who have done weight watchers ($10 per week) and ones who have done LA weight loss and spent like 2k on this that and the other thing and they both got the same results in the same amount of time. It can be done with the right knowledge about food, will power and support when needed.
          I agree. When it all comes down to it, you can spend all the money you want, but if you aren't sticking to it, educating yourself, and making the right decisions for diet and exercise, you haven't got a shot no matter what plan you use. Money isn't the solution. You are your own weight loss solution.
          Reach your weight loss goal fast at the Weight Loss Center

          Comment


          • #6
            Money does not create weight loss, eating properly and getting sufficient exercise creates weight loss.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by steve_ross View Post
              Money does not create weight loss, eating properly and getting sufficient exercise creates weight loss.
              I agree completely. You can spend all you want but you won't lose weight if you don't make the right efforts. Plus, even if you buy the most expensive diet plan out there, if you can't learn the right weight maintenance habits and stick to them, then you'll only gain it back again.

              Comment

              Weight Loss Products

              Collapse

              Working...
              X