Promising vaccines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promising vaccines

Has anyone heard any positive news about the potential for there being a COVID vaccine by the end of the year? I definitely believe now that things will not go back to normal until we have one.

I think there is on in the US and one in the UK that looks positive, but I really doubt anything will be available by the end of the year. I think its much more likely we'll see something next year. I mean, yeah, they have lot of people working on a vaccine, but typically those things take years to efficiently develop. It's not just a matter of effort but a matter of figuring out what's right and then testing it in trials.

Comment

There are some vaccines that are showing promise. That said, I don't want to burst your hope bubble, but even if one or more vaccine is successfully created, you shouldn't expect life to go back to normal. It is very likely that even with a vaccine, we'll still need to be cautious, wear masks and focus on keeping our distance whenever possible for the next couple of years. Too little is known about COVID right now and there is a high possibility that the virus can mutate, which would make any existing vaccine ineffective. Furthermore, they're finding that people who have been infected by the virus don't appear to hold on to the immunity for very long (a few months at best), which means that there's nothing stopping them from getting it again or another strain.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be doom and gloom, I just think it's important that no matter how much we all want things to go back to the way they were, we need to accept that they won't, at least, not as we remember. It's important that we all remain vigilant and stop wishing for the past, because this just only makes dealing with our current situation harder and we resist inevitable change. We only have the present and the ability to move forward in the future. Things will get better but they won't ever be as they were before. Nothing ever is. We'll just eventually get used to a new way of living. We're in a transition period which makes it hard to be positive right now, especially when there's a lot of hard life stuff happening (sickness, death, job loss, etc.), but there is still so much that many of us have to be lucky for. That's what I try to remind myself when I feel like this won't ever end.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth View Post
        There are some vaccines that are showing promise. That said, I don't want to burst your hope bubble, but even if one or more vaccine is successfully created, you shouldn't expect life to go back to normal. It is very likely that even with a vaccine, we'll still need to be cautious, wear masks and focus on keeping our distance whenever possible for the next couple of years. Too little is known about COVID right now and there is a high possibility that the virus can mutate, which would make any existing vaccine ineffective. Furthermore, they're finding that people who have been infected by the virus don't appear to hold on to the immunity for very long (a few months at best), which means that there's nothing stopping them from getting it again or another strain.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be doom and gloom, I just think it's important that no matter how much we all want things to go back to the way they were, we need to accept that they won't, at least, not as we remember. It's important that we all remain vigilant and stop wishing for the past, because this just only makes dealing with our current situation harder and we resist inevitable change. We only have the present and the ability to move forward in the future. Things will get better but they won't ever be as they were before. Nothing ever is. We'll just eventually get used to a new way of living. We're in a transition period which makes it hard to be positive right now, especially when there's a lot of hard life stuff happening (sickness, death, job loss, etc.), but there is still so much that many of us have to be lucky for. That's what I try to remind myself when I feel like this won't ever end.
        As doom and gloom as your opinion is Beth I have to say I agree with it. I also have a feeling things are going to get harder before they level off. We're all swimming in uncharted waters right now. Navigating out lives through this mess is anything but easy. Ah well, I guess all we can do is make the most of it and hope that the vaccines they do fine are really good. :D
        Reach your weight loss goal fast at the Weight Loss Center

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post

As doom and gloom as your opinion is Beth I have to say I agree with it. I also have a feeling things are going to get harder before they level off. We're all swimming in uncharted waters right now. Navigating out lives through this mess is anything but easy. Ah well, I guess all we can do is make the most of it and hope that the vaccines they do fine are really good. :D
          Yeah. I'm really worried about the fall. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Beth View Post

You're probably right, but I'm the type of person who prefers to see the glass half full. I think there is a chance that a vaccine will be made and it will help us to get back to normal a bit. I would be happy if back to normal means ditching masks and not treating everyone like they're infected. :) My hope is that will happen in 2021.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
            X