Take care of whose watching you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take care of whose watching you

I'm all for taking before and after pictures for weight loss, but I just want to say that if you are going to do this, make sure those who see you do it understand what you're doing and why you're doing it. I don't mean other adults, I'mt talking about young people, your children, your young nieces and nephews, your friends' kids, or what have you. It's important that young people view their bodies and weight loss as something that is healthy and good. Obsessing about how you look can be toxic for young minds who may be paying attention to your actions more than you realize. I'm only saying all this, cause I've recently seen my sister's 13 year old daughter show some negative side effects of her mother taking B&As, calling herself "fat" and making the association of "fat" with "ugly".

Yes! I think we all obsess a little too much about the way we look. It's important that young, impressionable people don't take our obsession with looking slim to heart. I think the more everyone views losing weight as something for health and less for beauty reasons is good for all of us!

Comment

Originally posted by char View Post
      Yes! I think we all obsess a little too much about the way we look. It's important that young, impressionable people don't take our obsession with looking slim to heart. I think the more everyone views losing weight as something for health and less for beauty reasons is good for all of us!
      Glad you agree Char. It is easy to forget - or even to think - that what we do can impact others, but it really can. I mean, I'm still greatly influenced by a lot of people today and I'm far from a child LOL. When you look up to or really respect someone, you tend to pay more attention to what they do and take what they say to heart.

Comment

That is good advice, actually. It's something that I think most of us don't think about it and it does have an effect on younger people

Comment

Originally posted by CuJo1992 View Post
          That is good advice, actually. It's something that I think most of us don't think about it and it does have an effect on younger people
          So true! This is especially true for me now, since the kids are home with me now and not at school for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by anne View Post

So true! This is especially true for me now, since the kids are home with me now and not at school for the time being.
            Definitely a good point! Thanks for sharing brightstar!

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post

Glad you agree Char. It is easy to forget - or even to think - that what we do can impact others, but it really can. I mean, I'm still greatly influenced by a lot of people today and I'm far from a child LOL. When you look up to or really respect someone, you tend to pay more attention to what they do and take what they say to heart.
              it's true. Honestly, we should take better care to watch how we act around children and young people beyond only how we view weight. It's really just a good idea to be positive about most things in life and leave the lines of communication open. :)

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X