My New Year's Weight Loss Goal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Year's Weight Loss Goal

Well, it's almost that time again - New Year's - when I start a new year with a diet. It always amazes me how quickly I can pack on the pounds over the month of December. December is one of those "anything goes" months when I take a long break from going to the gym and exercising and instead I indulge in Christmas cheer - and lots of it. To be quite honest, I love the break from calorie counting and exercising, but now it's time to start planning my New Year's attack.

Last New Year's my boyfriend and I made three big resolutions: 1. Quit Smoking 2. No alcohol for 3 months 3. Strict low-cal dieting combined with cardio for 3 months. To my amazement we actually did all three and coming up this January will be my 1 year no-smoking anniversary and I couldn't be happier about that.

So this January 1st my boyfriend and I have again agreed to resolve to slim down and get more fit. This time we will are committing ourselves to 5 months of diet and cardio 4 days a week. That's right - all the way from Jan 01 to June 01 :P! We will both do a weigh-in at Jan 01 2008 and will keep everyone posted on our progress and what we're doing along the way. Everyone is welcome to join us. We could track a group weight loss together! :o

Anyone else out there with ambitious New Year's resolutions to lose some weight?

We can almost feel the Christmas air and New year is undeniably fast approaching and no matter how much we abstain from over eating during the holiday season, we cannot help but take a little of something each party we attend.

I confess that I love desserts. I salivate over brownies and blueberry cheesecakes. I forget the term diet when I see my mom's homemade carbonara and all those fattening dishes you can only wish it all taste like dog poop to prevent binging.

Of course, it is not always the case. We eat during the holidays and then work our butts out come January. I used to jog around the place but I guess work has kept me so busy all these years. Now, I try to hit the gym thrice or four times a week.

As for my new year resolution. I'm afraid I don't have any because it is practically the same each year" to lose more weight. I know new year spells another added year to my life which also goes to saying that my metabolism will slow down along with it but its OK. I guess as long as I continue my diet and exercise, splurging in food during the holidays isn't that bad.

Comment

Hey, this year i aimed to lose 10 lbs but the resolution remain as resolution only. still there are 6 months remained i want to start some diet to lose 10lbs. Pls help in losing weight fast.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
      X