It's not bad if it works for you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not bad if it works for you

I'm not someone who believes in doing Atkins, Keto or any of those other extreme diets. I know a lot of people find them hard to follow, but ultimately, these diets aren't necessarily good or bad. If they work for you and it's making a difference in your world, then it's not wrong to follow it. All that matters is that you do what is healthy and right for your body and lifestyle. :)

You make a good point, Anne. If you're following a diet that isn't bad for your health and it works for you, just ignore people who judge you. Just because someone else doesn't like something or it doesn't work for them, this doesn't mean it's wrong or bad. We should spend more time supporting the choices of family and friends and less time judging them for it or telling them how we would do something.

Comment

Thanks Kyra! Glad you agree. :D

Comment

It's true, but I do think that some diets are bad for people, which is why most people can't keep them up as a lifestyle. I mean, if you start Keto, it can give you a "keto flu" as your body freaks out while you make changes by restricting your intake of certain things...I just don't think that's good for anyone. Just because something might work for you, doesn't mean it's healthy. It's important to remember that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ffviifan View Post
          It's true, but I do think that some diets are bad for people, which is why most people can't keep them up as a lifestyle. I mean, if you start Keto, it can give you a "keto flu" as your body freaks out while you make changes by restricting your intake of certain things...I just don't think that's good for anyone. Just because something might work for you, doesn't mean it's healthy. It's important to remember that as well.
          Definitely! That said, at the end of the day, only a person can decide what they want to try. As long as what they are doing isn't hurting anyone else, I don't think it's any of our business what they choose to do for their weight loss efforts. We live in a world where everyone is too quick to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyra View Post

Definitely! That said, at the end of the day, only a person can decide what they want to try. As long as what they are doing isn't hurting anyone else, I don't think it's any of our business what they choose to do for their weight loss efforts. We live in a world where everyone is too quick to judge.
            Exactly! Sometimes we're all a little too judgey. As long as someone isn't hurting anyone else, what does it matter what they try? Even if it's not something you would do or that you think they shouldn't do, it's not up to you to make decisions for someone else. Plus, usually I find when I start judging others, I realize I'm kind of a huge hypocrite.

Comment

That's so true! We're far too quick to judge other people for their choices, simply because we think or believe that they are choices that we wouldn't make, when the reality is that we're either a hypocrite as Beth has pointed out, or we're not living that person's life in their body, so how in the world could we possibly know what's best for them??

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X