Buy a digital scale & weigh yourself every day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy a digital scale & weigh yourself every day

My tip for today! Go out and buy a digital scale. Make sure you buy a scale that is accurate to .2 (two-hundredths of a pound). I also suggest buying a scale that can record your daily weight. If not, make sure you log your weight yourself every day. You’ll find that almost every other dieter or weight loss program will tell you not to weigh yourself every day but only like once a week. I recommend the exact opposite. I think when dieting you need to be very goal oriented and it helps and motivates you to see results everyday. The reason I recommend buying a scale that is accurate to the 0.2 is that there is a very big difference between weighting 170.8 one day and 170.0 the next day. Losing .8 pounds in one day is excellent. However, if your scale is not accurate enough to report the loss and still shows 170 after a day of healthy eating and working out, you will feel extremely discouraged. A more detailed scale makes it easier to keep a positive outlook. The more successes (days with positive weight loss) the easier it will be to stay motivated and on track.

I am afraid to weigh myself every day - I only do it about once a week. My parents have a metric scale which is VERY accurate right down to the 0.01 of a pound so I go over there to weigh myself. I feel like if I weigh myself every day and I am up one day I will get really discouraged and I am only loosing like a pound and a half per week so chances are I will be up or the same during the week.

Comment

Thank you for the tip. This is very insightful. True, weighing everyday would make you aware of your food habits on a daily basis. Which food makes you gain the most in a matter of 24 hours? This will make you realize your daily attitude to food and exercise.

Comment

hmmm I would say do not weigh yourself every day. Your body weight fluctuates daily, even hourly. Your daily fluctuation will be between 1 and 2 lbs. Weekly is enough. I do it monthly. Daily stresses me out which causes me to become depressed, therefore I eat and gain.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
        X