be careful of "no added sugar" juice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• be careful of "no added sugar" juice

When you see juice labeled "no added sugar" be sure to read the ingredients carefully. Often, you'll find that grape juice is listed among the ingredients. This is often a trick that the companies use to be able to say that they've used 100% juice. The truth is, they use grape juice or even pear juice as a cheap sweetener. They use mechanical processes to suck pretty much everything except the natural sugars out of those juices, and then they add them to products such as cranberry juice to make them seem healthier than they are. Read your labels!
    Free Weight Loss Tickers at Weight Loss Center

This is a trick used by a lot of differnet food manufacturers, not just the juice industry, though you're right, there are a lot of juices that are labeled very carefully to make them seem far better than they are for you. Salad dressing, yogurt, and many other common products are "sneaky" in their labeling, too.
    Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

Comment

I wish there was some rule out there that forced food companies to label their foods more honestly. There are far too many ways around the truth and it's only harming people who think that they are making the right decisions for their foods but are falling victim to unethical marketers.

Comment

I always wondered how they managed to get the juice so sweet if no sugar was added... well now I know! As general rule of thumb though, I try to stay away from all juices. They are full of sugar and empty calories. Same goes for pop, soda and all other beverages. If I am going to have a beverage, it's either water, or occasionally a glass of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by steve_ross View Post
          I always wondered how they managed to get the juice so sweet if no sugar was added... well now I know! As general rule of thumb though, I try to stay away from all juices. They are full of sugar and empty calories. Same goes for pop, soda and all other beverages. If I am going to have a beverage, it's either water, or occasionally a glass of wine.
          I agree. As I was growing up, I always felt that they were the "healthy" alternative, but that's only the case if you're at a good weight and you drink a tiny amount of truly pure juice. It's such a disappointment that something so seemingly innocent is actually "out to get you".
          Free Weight Loss Tickers at Weight Loss Center

Comment

Companies don't just use this kind of trick for sugar. They use it for all sorts of ingredients, like putting MSG into ingredients when they say that they've removed "salt". The thing with that is that it isn't any better for your sodium levels and MSG is a sketchy substance anyway. These days, you really need to know your stuff to shop smart.

Comment

I've been seeing the same problem with yogurt that I had with juice. It just doesn't seem as healthy as it once was. Unless I eat plain yogurt (which I fortunately like) then essentially I may as well be eating yogurt and a large spoonful of jam. That's not exactly the health treat I was looking for - especially not with weight loss in mind!

Comment

Yeah I totally agree with you!
                Sugar is not very good for you specially when your are doing dieting ...

Comment

always read content of the product before purchasing - a pledge of healthy lifestyles.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPolo
                    Most (like all) of the juices and sweet drinks have its sweetness coming
                    from corn substance that is very very bad. Read the contents always and try to avoid sweet drinks !
                    Corn substances? Yikes. How are they listed in ingredients?

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
                    X