Has hoodia been studied?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has hoodia been studied?

I’m having trouble finding actual facts about hoodia. Has it been studied by researchers in terms of its weight loss abilities when it’s taken in the form of a pill? A lot of hoodia products say things like “proven” but I can’t find the research that they mean.

It hasn't been studied on humans and it hasn't been studied as an extract or a pill. Anything that tells you otherwise is a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina View Post
      It hasn't been studied on humans and it hasn't been studied as an extract or a pill. Anything that tells you otherwise is a lie.
      Wow. Can we believe anything anymore?

Comment

every time I hear new claims about hoodia I feel so angry that there are still companies that care so little about people.

Comment

To be fair to hoodia, it's far from the only nonprescription ingredient that hasn't been studied for weight loss. There are hundreds of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tracy1976 View Post
            To be fair to hoodia, it's far from the only nonprescription ingredient that hasn't been studied for weight loss. There are hundreds of them.
            True, but it still doesn't make it any better than them.

Comment

When it all comes down to it, hoodia has not been studied in pill form and it has not been studied on humans - at least not in any reputable studies that are conducted scientifically and with the whole double blind placebo controlled stuff. It's not even proven to be safe, let alone effective. I wouldn't touch the stuff anymore with a ten foot pole.

Comment

I think it's really time they study this considering all the products that have it.

Comment

Originally posted by bruceH View Post
                  I think it's really time they study this considering all the products that have it.
                  I completely agree!

Comment

I imagine that there are probably some studies that are being conducted using it now. But these things take time especially when it comes to determining whether or not it is safe and in what quantities and forms.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
                    X