X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000kw
    started a topic Probiotics

Probiotics

Are probiotics good for dieting. Do they actually help with weight loss? If you don't want to take supplements, what's a good way to get this into your diet?

• Tiff
    replied
    Originally posted by lia View Post

It does. Probiotics are actually good for weight loss progress. Not having them can hurt your efforts to lose. It's not that you need them to trim down, but they can help you in your objective to lose weight. That said, I would work on getting what you need from your food. I just don't trust health supplements enough for the most part to feel that they work or provide the same benefits that you would obtain if you allowed your body to naturally absorb and process nutrients from food.
    Exactly. Healthy digestion and a healthy diet is very important for long-term weight loss. When you eat better and you digest better, it's easier to control how much you eat and you are less likely to be bloated, etc.

Leave a comment:

• lia
    replied
    Originally posted by 1000kw View Post

Really? I honestly thought this would matter in some way. I mean, if you're providing your body with the right probiotics and you digestion is better, wouldn't less lead to less bloating? I know that's not the same a losing genuine fat, but when you're bloated you can look a lot puffier than you actually are.
    It does. Probiotics are actually good for weight loss progress. Not having them can hurt your efforts to lose. It's not that you need them to trim down, but they can help you in your objective to lose weight. That said, I would work on getting what you need from your food. I just don't trust health supplements enough for the most part to feel that they work or provide the same benefits that you would obtain if you allowed your body to naturally absorb and process nutrients from food.

Leave a comment:

• 1000kw
    replied
    Originally posted by tobetinytina View Post
    Honestly, they're good for digestion, but they're not going to make a difference to how much weight you lose. I wouldn't take probiotiics for this reason. If it's a healthy diet thing, sure, but to shed excess pounds? It doesn't matter if you take probiotics or not.
    Really? I honestly thought this would matter in some way. I mean, if you're providing your body with the right probiotics and you digestion is better, wouldn't less lead to less bloating? I know that's not the same a losing genuine fat, but when you're bloated you can look a lot puffier than you actually are.

Leave a comment:

• tobetinytina
    replied
    Honestly, they're good for digestion, but they're not going to make a difference to how much weight you lose. I wouldn't take probiotiics for this reason. If it's a healthy diet thing, sure, but to shed excess pounds? It doesn't matter if you take probiotics or not.

Leave a comment:

• treehuggertodd
    replied
    Probiotics are great for your digestion and this can help you stay on track with your weight loss goals and help to reduce other issues like bloating, which can make you look bigger than you are and can also make it harder for you to stay active. That said, if you're going to use supplements, they're not all created equal. I'd recommend talking to your doctor or pharmacist about founding a good product.

Leave a comment:

• Penny
    replied
    They can help with your overall diet, but they aren't really gonna do anything for weight loss in terms of helping you shed pounds. That really has to do with reducing calories not necessarily having good gut bacteria. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have this bacteria, but it's not necessary to drop weight. As long as you eat a balanced diet you should be fine. That said, if you want some great probiotic supplements, I'd ask a pharmacist or your doctor about the best ones to try.

Leave a comment:

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
X