Is Ephedra banned?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ephedra banned?

I'm curious about something. Is ephedra banned in the US? I always thought it was, but now I'm seeing that there are diet pills that you can buy online made from American manufacturers that contain ephedra. Isn't this illegal?

Um, yeah. I'm pretty sure it is. I don't think it's illegal to sell or buy products with Ephedra in them in the U.S.

Comment

Bigbobby is right, don't listen to anything online or anyone who tells you that Ephedra or certain ephedra products like "ephedra extract" is legal, because it's not. In the United States it is completely illegal to purchase or sell any dietary supplements, including diet pills, containing this ingredient in any form.
      Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

Comment

I thought it was only ephedra alkaloids that are banned.

Comment

Originally posted by jenny25 View Post
          I thought it was only ephedra alkaloids that are banned.
          I did too, but it's actually all banned. Go to the FDA's official website and you'll see that ephedra, ephedrine and every other name it goes by is banned. I always find that when you're looking for a source to trust, go directly to the main source.

Comment

yes it is banned and for good reason. It's been linked not just to adverse effects but lots of deaths. Honestly, even if the ban was lifted I still wouldn't take any products that contained it. It's honestly just not worth the risk!

Comment

Thanks for all your responses. Glad to know that it's officially banned. I'll steer clear form all kinds of ephedra products. I never even thought to checkout the official FDA website. Thanks for that tip Tiff!

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X