Should anyone not do Yoga

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should anyone not do Yoga

Is Yoga safe for everyone? Are there certain people who should avoid yoga based on age, certain health conditions, etc?
    Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

Certain types of Yoga might not be good for some people, like the really advanced stuff or Hot Yoga for instance. However, most people should be able to do some form of it. You can always talk to your doc if you've got a health issue or concern.

Comment

I agree. Most people should be able to do some form of yoga without any problem and at any age. Hog (Bikram) yoga and Ashtanga Yoga are probably the most intense and demanding. If you've never tried yoga before I'd say start with a style that's more basic, like Hatha, which essentially gets you in tune with your body and mind and consists of six slow movements, meditation and breathing exercises.

Comment

I agree. I think anyone can do a certain type of yoga. It all depends on what you can handle. If you really want to do it and you're concerned about it, talk to both your doctor and a fitness trainer to find out what would be best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by tara View Post
          I agree. Most people should be able to do some form of yoga without any problem and at any age. Hog (Bikram) yoga and Ashtanga Yoga are probably the most intense and demanding. If you've never tried yoga before I'd say start with a style that's more basic, like Hatha, which essentially gets you in tune with your body and mind and consists of six slow movements, meditation and breathing exercises.
          Wow! Thanks for all this. I had no idea there were this many forms of Yoga LOL
          Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

Comment

Originally posted by freddyboy View Post

Wow! Thanks for all this. I had no idea there were this many forms of Yoga LOL
            Yeah wow! I thought that there was just Yoga hahaha. Really had no idea that there was more than one type/style of it. This kinda makes me more interested in it. Geeze, the things you learn about the stuff you thought you knew all about :)

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
            X