Belviq has been taken off the market!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belviq has been taken off the market!

Did anyone else hear that the diet drug Belviq (lorcaserin HCl) was taken off the market after the FDA found that it may be cancer-causing? Here's the link to the FDA website about it in case anyone wants to know more. https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...caserin-market

Really??? I had not idea that happened. Yeesh! That's kinda scary. Thanks for sharing the news! :)

Comment

I didn't know that either. So, they took it off the market because it might actually increase the risk of cancer? That's scary. it sort of makes you wonder what other diet drugs might cause. How long has Belviq been on the market? Imagine the number of people who have used it?

Comment

Originally posted by ffviifan View Post
        I didn't know that either. So, they took it off the market because it might actually increase the risk of cancer? That's scary. it sort of makes you wonder what other diet drugs might cause. How long has Belviq been on the market? Imagine the number of people who have used it?
        You're right! That is a scary thought. I also makes you wonder how it could have been FDA approved and then suddenly they find that it could be cancer-causing. Just goes to show they really don't test a lot of the drugs that receive approval for long enough. They're so desperate to get new stuff out on the market, the quality isn't there...

Comment

I'm glad they were responsible in taking it off the market and letting people know about it. I mean, yeah, of course they did to prevent lawsuits, but still. You're right though tara! It does make you wonder just how safe drugs are. It's a concerning thought.

Comment

I don't trust any diet drugs. "FDA Approved" stopped meaning safe and effective to me years ago. That organization needs to seriously clean up its act.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon View Post
              I don't trust any diet drugs. "FDA Approved" stopped meaning safe and effective to me years ago. That organization needs to seriously clean up its act.
              Yes! It's so difficult to trust anything anymore. It does seem that the risk of taking these medications are starting to outweigh what little benefits they provide, in the long run. I wish there was an overall better medical strategy for individuals who need to lower their weight.

Comment

Oh dear! This is alarming news. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiff View Post

Yes! It's so difficult to trust anything anymore. It does seem that the risk of taking these medications are starting to outweigh what little benefits they provide, in the long run. I wish there was an overall better medical strategy for individuals who need to lower their weight.
                  Glad to share! Also I couldn't agree more Tiff! There really should be something better in place. Approving drugs that can cause more harm than good in the long run, just because they need to get a new weight loss drug out onto the market isn't acceptable. I would rather we didn't have options if the alternative means we need to put our trust in medication that could actually do harm.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
                  X