X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron
    started a topic Positive affirmation

Positive affirmation

Does positive affirmation for weight loss really work? I'm wondering if it will help me because I've been struggling with negative feelings about my weight and my self-image. I guess I feel a little depressed and I don't want my bad feelings to stop me from feeling good about myself - fat or not.

• tobetinytina
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron View Post

So meditation and yoga could actually be helpful? I know people rave about it, so I guess there must be something to it. I just want to do something that doesn't take a lot of time, isn't heavily involved, won't cost a lot (preferably free) and I'll enjoy he benefits pretty much intantly. Is this possible with meditation and yoga?
    Yes it is possible! Just try it once and you'll find that you'll notice a difference. That said, it's not a permanent fix. You can't expect to do it only once or a few times and maintain the benefits forever, it's something you need to make a regular part of your lifestyle. Once it's a habit though, you shouldn't find it hard to maintain.

Leave a comment:

• Ron
    replied
    Originally posted by treehuggertodd View Post

You could do the "mirror talk", you can also engage in meditation, yoga, and eat a healthier diet. Essentially the more good you do for your body and your mind, the more likely you are to live a positive lifestyle and be the better for it.
    So meditation and yoga could actually be helpful? I know people rave about it, so I guess there must be something to it. I just want to do something that doesn't take a lot of time, isn't heavily involved, won't cost a lot (preferably free) and I'll enjoy he benefits pretty much intantly. Is this possible with meditation and yoga?

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Honestly, it sounds a little bogus to me, but on the whole I think it's simply a matter of what you believe. If you try it out and you find that it makes a positive difference then more power to you. Mind over matter tends to be very helpful when it comes to combating a lot of health stuff. I've also been hearing a lot about people talking about something called mindfulness dieting. You might want to look into that, too :)

Leave a comment:

• treehuggertodd
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron View Post
    Okay. Guess that does make sense. Does anyone know how I can incorporate this in my life. I mean, it's not just about waking up and looking in the mirror every morning and telling myself I'm awesome, right?
    You could do the "mirror talk", you can also engage in meditation, yoga, and eat a healthier diet. Essentially the more good you do for your body and your mind, the more likely you are to live a positive lifestyle and be the better for it.

Leave a comment:

• Ron
    replied
    Okay. Guess that does make sense. Does anyone know how I can incorporate this in my life. I mean, it's not just about waking up and looking in the mirror every morning and telling myself I'm awesome, right?

Leave a comment:

• legendarytroy
    replied
    Originally posted by jan View Post
    Yes! It can totally work. Our mental state of mind is integral to our weight loss success. If you are feeling positive, you are way more likely to make good choices for yourself than if you are feeling negative and depressed. Engaging in exercises (be it positive affirmation, meditation or something else) that encourage a positive mindset can really go a long way in helping you achieve your goals for for fat loss.
    I agree with Jan, anything that lifts up your mood or make you feel good about yourself or life in general can be beneficial to your overall health and your weight loss goals. Our state of mind does a lot for us and impacts us in a huge way. It changes the way we think about things and the actions we might take. If you're feeling happy, you're far more likely to make good choices for yourself than you are if you are feeling unhappy.

Leave a comment:

• jan
    replied
    Yes! It can totally work. Our mental state of mind is integral to our weight loss success. If you are feeling positive, you are way more likely to make good choices for yourself than if you are feeling negative and depressed. Engaging in exercises (be it positive affirmation, meditation or something else) that encourage a positive mindset can really go a long way in helping you achieve your goals for for fat loss.

Leave a comment:

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
X