Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the little white marks in my nail mean I'm deficient in a certain nutrient?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the little white marks in my nail mean I'm deficient in a certain nutrient?

Every once in a while I get these small white marks or blotches in my nail. They start near the bed of the nail and then grow out over time as my nail grows. They don't hurt or anything, but are they a sign that I'm not getting something in my diet or is it something else? I'm not worried about it really, it's just made me curious more than anything since I seem to be getting them more frequently now that I have before.

There are different reasons why you may have them. It could be the cause of mineral deficiency, fungal infection, allergic reaction or a nail injury. Perhaps if you are getting them more frequently than before, it may be that there is a deficiency in your diet. That said, if you get the occasional one, it's more likely an injury. I'm not a doctor or anything, but that would be my guess. Maybe think about what you've been eating lately and work on making your diet healthier by including more fruits and vegetables. If you're really worried, ask your doctor about it.

Comment

I also think it's more likely a nail injury than anything else. If you keep getting them, then it might be a deficiency in zinc or some other mineral.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes something regular. If you are concerned that it might be more than just a nail injury, start paying attention to how your body feels overall. Maybe there are other signs if there's something wrong with your diet or health.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm going to take your advice and keep an eye on it. If I start getting more I'll bring it up with my doctor in case it is my diet or something. I think I'll also pay attention to what I'm doing with my hands more, too, in case I'm whacking them more than I realize LOL

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
          X