Vegetables Vs. Fruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetables Vs. Fruits

I've got a question (might be a stupid one because I feel like I should already know the answer to this one): what is better for you? To get more fruits in your diet or more vegetabels? I've always been told that it doesn't matter. That if you don't like vegetables that much eating more fruit is just as good for you or vice versa...but is that really true? Can we really substitute one for the other and get the same benefits, or should we be eating the recommended servings for each daily?

That's actually a good question. That said, if I were to guess, I would think that it's important that you eat both. On occasion I don't think it would be bad if you substituted one for the other but, on the whole, you should get your full servings of both per day. It's important to have variety in your diet to stay healthy.

Comment

I think that if you had to substitute one for the other, vegetables over fruits is better only because they have less sugar. That said, I agree with Penny in that I think the best thing is to have a diet filled with a variety of foods, so mostly you should make sure you are eating both groups equally based on health guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by jan View Post
        I think that if you had to substitute one for the other, vegetables over fruits is better only because they have less sugar. That said, I agree with Penny in that I think the best thing is to have a diet filled with a variety of foods, so mostly you should make sure you are eating both groups equally based on health guidelines.
        I was kind of thinking the same thing. It seemed more logical to me that if you had to have more of one than the other that vegetables made more sense cause I know that a lot of fruits are high in sugar. But, yeah, I guess it makes sense that we should obtain a balanced portion of each. After all, not every fruit and vegetable is created equal...

Comment

I say you should eat as much of a variety as you can, but on days when you just can't face one or the other, eat more fruit than vegetables or vice versa. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bruceH View Post
            I say you should eat as much of a variety as you can, but on days when you just can't face one or the other, eat more fruit than vegetables or vice versa. Hope that makes sense.
            Also a good tip. Thanks bruceH!

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
            X