Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the raw food diet the same as as vegetarian diet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the raw food diet the same as as vegetarian diet?

I've seen that a lot of raw food diets seem to be about eating mostly raw plant-based foods. Isn't this pretty much the same as being vegetarian?

Yes and no, but more no than yes. Essentially, the raw food diet does focus primarily on eating raw produce, but it doesn't mean you can eat meet or byproducts from animals or even fish. If you want to be vegetarian be vegetarian. In fact, it might be best just to avoid the raw food diet altogether. It's really a weird one and if you don't do it right it can be bad for you.

Comment

It's not the same. I personally recommend going vegetarian over doing the raw diet, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiff View Post
        It's not the same. I personally recommend going vegetarian over doing the raw diet, but that's just me.
        Me too! Go vegetarian if you are contemplating that and raw food. Otherwise, just start adding more fruits, veggies and whole grains to your diet.

Comment

I say do whatever diet feels right for you. Just make sure you do a lot of research first because a raw food diet and a vegetarian diet are not the same thing. It's easy to confuse diets because they sound similar, like keto and Atkins for instance, but there are differences and they are important. Best of luck with whatever you decide :D

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon View Post
            I say do whatever diet feels right for you. Just make sure you do a lot of research first because a raw food diet and a vegetarian diet are not the same thing. It's easy to confuse diets because they sound similar, like keto and Atkins for instance, but there are differences and they are important. Best of luck with whatever you decide :D
            Thanks! I will do that. I'm glad you said this, because I am one of those people who sees diets as being the same when they're actually not because they sound so similar. Your example of keto and atkins is perfect. I know they are different, but because they are both so low-carb, I have a hard time seeing what really makes them different in terms of difficulty, if you know what I mean. Looks like I have some homework to do over the holidays LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Thanks! I will do that. I'm glad you said this, because I am one of those people who sees diets as being the same when they're actually not because they sound so similar. Your example of keto and atkins is perfect. I know they are different, but because they are both so low-carb, I have a hard time seeing what really makes them different in terms of difficulty, if you know what I mean. Looks like I have some homework to do over the holidays LOL
              Me too! Totally guilty for assuming that similar diets are the same. That said, I would also choose to go vegetarian over raw food diet. Raw food diet is way too confusing because I find there are so many opinions about it.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X