Look to people who inspire you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look to people who inspire you

Do you have a role model or someone you really respect? I find it is these people who really motivate me to make better life choices and just want to live a more positive, productive and meaningful life. You might find that someone you respect can help you find the self-confidence you need to stay motivated with your weight loss goals and make the right decisions that you've always wanted to make but were too lazy or complacent to try.

That's not a bad suggestion Paplo. I know what you're getting at. You're not just talking about weight loss gurus but literally anyone who inspires you to be a better you and make better life choices. I agree, using this individuals to motivate you to make better decisions can be very helpful. :)

Comment

That's actually kind of interesting. I never really thought about it but you're right. When you're inspired by others, you're more likely to want to emulate the things you like about them to improve your own lifestyle choices. I imagine this works doubly well when the person you admire happens to be a fitness or weight loss guru LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
        That's not a bad suggestion Paplo. I know what you're getting at. You're not just talking about weight loss gurus but literally anyone who inspires you to be a better you and make better life choices. I agree, using this individuals to motivate you to make better decisions can be very helpful. :)
        Thanks! I've actually found it really works for me. I'm inspired by a fellow colleague of mine who does great things for our community and who is one of the most real and caring people I know. Oddly, his positive outlook on life has really helped me to want to make positive and healthy changes in my life and losing weight has been one of them. It's strange how someone can motivate you to lose weight when that person isn't actually a trainer or some weight loss guru LOL. Well, whatever works, I guess! :)

Comment

This is actually good advice. The funny thing is that the people who tend to inspire me the most are those who I feel are very "real". What I mean by that is that they are people who mess up a lot of the time but who keep trying anyway, learn from their mistakes and improve. I feel like if they can keep going, so can I. Other people who like to appear and pretend that they are "perfect" i just can't relate to and I think they're very fake.
          Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

Comment

Originally posted by freddyboy View Post
            This is actually good advice. The funny thing is that the people who tend to inspire me the most are those who I feel are very "real". What I mean by that is that they are people who mess up a lot of the time but who keep trying anyway, learn from their mistakes and improve. I feel like if they can keep going, so can I. Other people who like to appear and pretend that they are "perfect" i just can't relate to and I think they're very fake.
            Me too! I feel the same way! That's why I've never really found celebrities to be all that inspiring. I can't help but feel they've been paid for their endorsement. Also, I feel like even if they are being "real" they're still totally unrelatable because they don't live the same life as the average person and they often have other nutrition and fitness professionals helping them to lose weight and all that stuff. I've actually started following a lot of YouTubers and find their vlog style to be very comfortable and honest.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
            X