Trouble on my own

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble on my own

I'm finding it harder and harder to keep up with my weight loss goals when I'm doing them solo. When I have a diet and exercise buddy I always do way better than when I'm going it alone...I don't know, maybe I like knowing that other people are suffering along with me LOL. Is there a way that I can get this support that I want and need when my friends and family aren't on diets?

Other than online forums like these I guess maybe go to the gym to see if there are other people who are struggling with weight loss and befriend them?
    Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

Comment

I have to agree with freddyboy, if you want "real life" people to support you, the best place to find them is at places where people go to lose weight...like gyms or programs like weight watchers, etc. There are different support groups you can enjoy. Have you ever tried doing an online search for one in your area?

Comment

The gym is actually where I met my "weight loss buddy". He's become a great friend and I go to the gym now more just so we can hang out together and work out. We also talk about our health plans and exchange food advice, etc. I definitely recommend the gym. :)

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kw View Post
          The gym is actually where I met my "weight loss buddy". He's become a great friend and I go to the gym now more just so we can hang out together and work out. We also talk about our health plans and exchange food advice, etc. I definitely recommend the gym. :)
          Ditto! Gym all the way.

Comment

Ugh...I hate the gym. I went once and it just wasn't for me. That might be why I can't really find other people who are kind of in the same boat as me. I guess I'll just have to go it alone if the gym is the only place that I can really connect with others.

Comment

Originally posted by Paplo View Post
              Ugh...I hate the gym. I went once and it just wasn't for me. That might be why I can't really find other people who are kind of in the same boat as me. I guess I'll just have to go it alone if the gym is the only place that I can really connect with others.
              I'm not a fan of the gym either. There are other places you can meet people. Have you ever thought about joining Weight Watchers or a weight loss program where you need to go to in-person meetings? This might help to motivate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth View Post

I'm not a fan of the gym either. There are other places you can meet people. Have you ever thought about joining Weight Watchers or a weight loss program where you need to go to in-person meetings? This might help to motivate you.
                I agree! There is more than just the gym where you can meet other people seeking to lose weight. Joining a weight watcher or weight loss program that has meetings or is designed around socialization is what you're probably looking for. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Paplo View Post
                  Hey, Paplo, did you ever find anyone to workout with or to be your dieting buddy? I hope you found your groove whether it was with someone else or not. Let us know about your progress!

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
                  X