What happens to the leftovers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to the leftovers

Okay, this is a seriously gross question but do you know what happens to the fat and stuff they cut off your body when you have surgical weight loss that involves body lifts and stuff?

Honestly, I think they just throw it out. I mean...what the heck else would you do with someone's unwanted fat and skin....

Comment

Actually, I've heard that the fat that is sucked out from lipsuction doesn't go to waste. I think I read a study that says they use it for embryonic stem cells.

Comment

Originally posted by madscientist View Post
        Actually, I've heard that the fat that is sucked out from lipsuction doesn't go to waste. I think I read a study that says they use it for embryonic stem cells.
        Really? There are stem cells in this fat? What do they use it for? medical purposes to help other people?

Comment

I think with liposuction they sometimes take fat out of some parts of the body and can inject it in other areas, like your face, to reduce wrinkles, etc. That said, as for fat and excess skin they cut out of the body...I don't know what they might do with that

Comment

I...don't....know, and I really don't want to think about it either.

Comment

Originally posted by tara View Post
              I...don't....know, and I really don't want to think about it either.
              Yuck! Me neither! It actually makes me feel ookie to even think that they recycle that stuff in any form...I mean...doesn't it go bad once it's taken out of your body. I get how they might transfer fat from one area of the body to another but to use it for stem cells...I honestly it was just like organic waste or something. Man, I think I just ruined my lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Penny View Post
                I think with liposuction they sometimes take fat out of some parts of the body and can inject it in other areas, like your face, to reduce wrinkles, etc. That said, as for fat and excess skin they cut out of the body...I don't know what they might do with that
                They use it to make stem cells (lots of research going into that). They may use it for breast reconstruction to avoid using toxic implants. And - more importantly in my opinion - sometimes they use the fat waste to study obesity. I think it's great that not all the stuff isn't just hucked into a dumpster and disposed of. If they can repurpose it in a way that actually helps us...why not??

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
                X