Should you still take diet pills after

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should you still take diet pills after

Once you've had surgical weight loss, should you still take diet pills to help you lose more weight or will the surgery be enough to help you with your appetite control?

That would depend on what you and your doctor decide is the best course of action for you. Hopefully, after weight loss surgery you won't need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelly View Post
      That would depend on what you and your doctor decide is the best course of action for you. Hopefully, after weight loss surgery you won't need them.
      Exactly. Talk to your doctor about this if it is a concern for you. He or she should be monitoring your progress so if you think (or are not sure) if you'll need to take diet pills (prescription or OTC) after surgery, talk to him/her about it. Definitely don't just take something because you think you need it without consulting a healthcare professional first.

Comment

Oh I figured it was a question for a doctor, I was just wondering if it was common. I was wondering how much having the surgeries really fix how hungry you feel

Comment

Originally posted by Paplo View Post
          Oh I figured it was a question for a doctor, I was just wondering if it was common. I was wondering how much having the surgeries really fix how hungry you feel
          I think that really varies from one person to the next. I'm pretty sure it will help you to eat less because you have a smaller stomach, so that should be good. That said, you do really have to watch what you eat because you can still pack on the pounds even if you eat less. It all depends on what you eat. From what I understand of it, you shouldn't need an appetite suppressant after such a surgery. You should simply follow the diet plan that is prescribed to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kw View Post

I think that really varies from one person to the next. I'm pretty sure it will help you to eat less because you have a smaller stomach, so that should be good. That said, you do really have to watch what you eat because you can still pack on the pounds even if you eat less. It all depends on what you eat. From what I understand of it, you shouldn't need an appetite suppressant after such a surgery. You should simply follow the diet plan that is prescribed to you.
            Oh, well that's good to know. I'm glad that for the most part having the surgery should fix my desire to over-eat. :)

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
            X