Which one is the most dangerous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one is the most dangerous

I know that all surgery has its risks, but I was wondering if some surgical weight loss procedures were more dangerous than others, or are they all about the same?

They're all about the same. The reason I say that is that every one of them carries risk and if your doctor has recommended one over another that risk must be worth the potential benefits of that surgery. Going under the knife always carries risks. Therefore it's important to research all potential surgeries, talk to doctors and have the procedures done by experienced and reputable professionals.

Comment

I think they're all about the same too, but I've heard some pretty scary stuff about gastric bypass surgery, like 1 in every 200 people who has it dies. Surgeries really are only for people who are very very obese and is considered last resort because there are so many complications linked to them. Many people who have gastric bypass can be more susceptible to diarrhea, hernias and intestinal leaks. Also, shrinking ares of the digestive tract can lead to nutrient deficiencies, so some people actually need to take vitamins for the rest of their lives. That said, all the surgeries are dangerous. There is no simple and safe one.

Comment

I think gastric bypass is the most dangerous. Every time I think about it it gives me the shivers. I just don't think it's ever a good idea to make such alterations to your insides. I know it's done for health reasons when the potential benefits outweigh the risks, but still I think that this kind of surgery is just asking for problems in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelly View Post
          I think they're all about the same too, but I've heard some pretty scary stuff about gastric bypass surgery, like 1 in every 200 people who has it dies. Surgeries really are only for people who are very very obese and is considered last resort because there are so many complications linked to them. Many people who have gastric bypass can be more susceptible to diarrhea, hernias and intestinal leaks. Also, shrinking ares of the digestive tract can lead to nutrient deficiencies, so some people actually need to take vitamins for the rest of their lives. That said, all the surgeries are dangerous. There is no simple and safe one.
          Yeesh that is kind of a scary statistic. I guess I found my answer. Thanks!

Comment

Weight loss surgery is the most safest way to weigh loss, but it contains a great risk.

Comment

Weight loss surgeries have a great risk.

Comment

Originally posted by lenahunsberger View Post
                Weight loss surgeries have a great risk.
                Yeah they do. I couldn't agree with you more. That's why they really should be a last resort.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
                X