Be Honest - Brutally Honest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Honest - Brutally Honest

Weight loss diaries can be really useful and helpful tools for guiding you during your weight loss journey and keep you on the straight and narrow. That said, in order for them to work and for you to get the most benefit out of them, you CAN'T LIE! You have to be brutally honest when it comes to recording what you ate in a day, even on days when you've cheated your diet or your made mistakes and ate the wrong foods. No one is going to see this journal but you, so don't feel that you need to hide the truth from anyone, because you're certainly not hiding anything from yourself! Be honest and you'll be able to make better choices via your tracking and this can lead to weight loss!

How can you be anything but honest? Do people really lie to themselves on paper? How can that possibly make you feel any better when you know the truth!! That's seriously crazy and it makes no sense if you're legitimately trying to track your progress. I get why you might feel the need to lie to someone else to make yourself look better...but, um, how can you possibly look any better or worse in your own eyes?? How could anything you do in your life be a mystery to you lol.

Okay, so the point to my rant is that I agree with you. Be honest is important. If you're not going to be honest with yourself then don't waste your time tracking your progress...

Comment

Originally posted by jenny25 View Post
      How can you be anything but honest? Do people really lie to themselves on paper? How can that possibly make you feel any better when you know the truth!! That's seriously crazy and it makes no sense if you're legitimately trying to track your progress. I get why you might feel the need to lie to someone else to make yourself look better...but, um, how can you possibly look any better or worse in your own eyes?? How could anything you do in your life be a mystery to you lol.

Okay, so the point to my rant is that I agree with you. Be honest is important. If you're not going to be honest with yourself then don't waste your time tracking your progress...
      Actually, it's a lot more easier to lie to yourself than you might think. People do it all the time just to feel better about themselves. It's actually easy to omit saying that you ate a certain snack or that you ate more of something than you actually recorded. Some of us like to pretend things are better than they actually are so we don't have to think about reality. It might be silly and illogical, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's why it is so important to just be honest, no matter how much it sucks to have to look at what you've recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by char View Post

Actually, it's a lot more easier to lie to yourself than you might think. People do it all the time just to feel better about themselves. It's actually easy to omit saying that you ate a certain snack or that you ate more of something than you actually recorded. Some of us like to pretend things are better than they actually are so we don't have to think about reality. It might be silly and illogical, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's why it is so important to just be honest, no matter how much it sucks to have to look at what you've recorded.
        It's true...but seriously, why even bother try to record what you eat if you're only going to lie about it? I mean, no one but you should be seeing your journal anyway. Plus, I think if you only want to lie about it, than you're not truly serious about making a change.

Comment

I have to admit that i really didn't like being honest at first. I didn't like what I was recording. It made me feel really bad about myself and I felt ashamed. I get why people might want to lie to themselves to feel a little better about their diet and the choices they make. Still, you do need to be honest so that when you do start making good choices, you will be really proud of yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
            I have to admit that i really didn't like being honest at first. I didn't like what I was recording. It made me feel really bad about myself and I felt ashamed. I get why people might want to lie to themselves to feel a little better about their diet and the choices they make. Still, you do need to be honest so that when you do start making good choices, you will be really proud of yourself!
            I completely understand what you mean. I'm guilty of lying to myself, too. I tell myself that I'll just cheat one day but make it up the next, knowing that this isn't what's going to happen. I know myself too well to make stupid commitments like that. I think we lie to ourselves because we like to think we're better than we are and if we have to face the truth, it may be so depressing that it will kill all hope. Still, the truth usually never is as bad as we think it is and when we do know it, we can make better decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kw View Post

I completely understand what you mean. I'm guilty of lying to myself, too. I tell myself that I'll just cheat one day but make it up the next, knowing that this isn't what's going to happen. I know myself too well to make stupid commitments like that. I think we lie to ourselves because we like to think we're better than we are and if we have to face the truth, it may be so depressing that it will kill all hope. Still, the truth usually never is as bad as we think it is and when we do know it, we can make better decisions.
              Exactly.

If you're not someone who lies to yourself, great! Keep up with being honest and you'll find that it won't be hard to track your calories and food other than it being a bit of a nuisance.

For the rest of us, it's important that we take the step to be honest, because we aren't hurting anyone but ourselves here. In the long run, lying to yourself doesn't save your pride...it just really makes you feel like you can never be proud of yourself.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X