Logging calories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging calories

How accurate do you need to be when you log calories? I have been doing a bit of a ballpark technique until now but I realized that this could mean that I accidentally eat 100 or more extra calories every day. Does that amount matter?

you should be as accurate as you can. WHen you make your own food, try to measure ingredients and weigh them to be sure that your number are as good as you can. A few here and there won't make a difference, but when you get in the hundreds, it can start making an impact.

Comment

If you're eating out or at someone else's place, you can use your "ballpark" technique. But if you are eating at home, I agree with lia in that you should at least try to be as accurate as you can. You can never count right down to the single calorie, but the goal is to be near to it.

Comment

I would assume that the more accurate you can be, the better. If you're not focused on being accurate you also run the risk of fudging the numbers. Rounding down every time so that you can eat a little bit more.
        Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

Comment

freddy you are right, i do the same

Comment

Ya I guess freddyboy is right. I never really thought it out in that way. I always figured that you should try to get it right, but in some circumstances you could just sort of guess at it. But when you do that you could really be making a lot of mistakes that won't do yourself any favors.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
            X