X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike
    started a topic Drink more water and get sleep

Drink more water and get sleep

I know being told to drink more water and getting proper sleep is something you've likely been told again and again, but it really really does make a difference to your health and weight loss. When you obtain proper sleep and when you stay hydrated throughout the day this has a positive impact on your diet and your energy. You are way more likely to make healthy choices when you are naturally alert and energized. Make the necessary changes to your life to make sure you get the best sleep and always have a glass of water on hand. Opt for water over other beverages as much as possible and you will feel better (and less hungry!).

• ffviifan
    replied
    Originally posted by millersmithMISA View Post
    Hi,

Yes drinking water right before bed helps wave off dehydration while you sleep, and it also helps attaining the drop in core body temperature which in turn triggers and helps inducing sleepiness. There are certain other cases when it may be helpful to drink water before bed. For some, hot water may be the perfect relaxing bedtime routine. In short the answer is yes ? you can fall asleep in a float tank. Enough sleep and right amount of water is the key to lose weight and healthy body.

Thanks
    I agree about the right amount of water. Definitely right about how it makes a difference for weight loss. Just make sure you don't have too much of it for bed unless you're trying to get steps on your Fitbit from getting up to go to the bathroom all the time
    Happy holidays everyone. I hope you're staying healthy.

Leave a comment:

• millersmithMISA
    replied
    Hi,

Yes drinking water right before bed helps wave off dehydration while you sleep, and it also helps attaining the drop in core body temperature which in turn triggers and helps inducing sleepiness. There are certain other cases when it may be helpful to drink water before bed. For some, hot water may be the perfect relaxing bedtime routine. In short the answer is yes ? you can fall asleep in a float tank. Enough sleep and right amount of water is the key to lose weight and healthy body.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• wholefamilyprod
    replied
    I agree with you. Having enough water and proper sleep is a big help to our body. Without realizing the benefits of sleeping, people tend to stay up all night. Staying up late at night means you are slowly killing yourself and it makes your body gradually weak because of lack of sleep. And if you are having trouble with sleeping, melatonin plays an important role in regulating your sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by kellykatt View Post

I agree! My husband gets by just fine on 4 hours!! It's werid, you really do need to find what works for you. Once you realize that there is no normal except your normal, the healthier you'll be!
    Exactly. We're all so obsessed with trying to figure out what the "right" way is to do everything to find that "magic" number or food or whatever, that we forget that ultimately, it always boils down to what works best for us.

Leave a comment:

• kellykatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Glad everyone agrees! Yeah, it can be hard to get sleep, but it's one of those things that you just need to work on making a priority as much as you can, as often as you can. As for how much sleep is good enough, that does depend on the person. I typically need about 8, but my wife functions just fine on as little as 6. That's something you can only really figure out through trial and error.
    I agree! My husband gets by just fine on 4 hours!! It's werid, you really do need to find what works for you. Once you realize that there is no normal except your normal, the healthier you'll be!

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Glad everyone agrees! Yeah, it can be hard to get sleep, but it's one of those things that you just need to work on making a priority as much as you can, as often as you can. As for how much sleep is good enough, that does depend on the person. I typically need about 8, but my wife functions just fine on as little as 6. That's something you can only really figure out through trial and error.

Leave a comment:

• ffviifan
    replied
    I agree with this, too. There's just one problem I seem to run into...there isn't enough time in the day! I have a hard time getting consistent rest. My days are really busy. Also, what constitutes a good night's rest? I've heard that for some people it's 8 hours but others do well on as little as 4.

Leave a comment:

• bruceH
    replied
    This is so true! Anytime I sleep well and drink more water I feel better.It seems silly that something so simple can be such a big help, but it's true. Of course, the only real problem is that maintaining proper rest and drinking enough water is easier said than done. It's stupid that this is the case but it's true all the same.

Leave a comment:

• kellykatt
    replied
    Amen to that! This is very, very true. Some of the best advice out there. It's funny how it's always the little and simplest things that we can do that make all the difference. What's important is sticking to it. Consistency really is key to seeing the positive changes :)

Leave a comment:

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
X