Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You lose more weight with whole foods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You lose more weight with whole foods

    Has anyone heard about the study that found people who ate whole foods lost more weight than those who ate highly processed foods, even though both groups ate the same amount of calories? I found this kinda fascinating. They don't know yet why that is, but I kinda wonder if it's because our body processes the foods differently and I don't know about you, but after I eat an apple I feel way more energized than after I eat chocolate bar.

  • #2
    I don't really find this information all that revolutionary. I mean, it makes perfect sense that you would lose more weight. As you pointed out, you feel way more energized after you eat fruit than you do a chocolate or other baked treat. I think there's just less crap for your body to process with natural foods compared to those that have been manufactured with a whole whack of ingredients.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jenny25 View Post
      I don't really find this information all that revolutionary. I mean, it makes perfect sense that you would lose more weight. As you pointed out, you feel way more energized after you eat fruit than you do a chocolate or other baked treat. I think there's just less crap for your body to process with natural foods compared to those that have been manufactured with a whole whack of ingredients.
      I disagree! I find this very surprising! I always thought that a calorie was a calorie was a calorie. Like, it didn't matter if you got your 100 calories from an apple or a twinkie, it was the same. It's surprising and very interesting to me that from where you get your calories matters to how quickly and efficiently you lose weight. I mean, I always knew that eating junk wasn't healthy for you, but in regard to weight loss, I believed that it didn't matter from where you got your calories, what mattered was staying within your limits. Very interesting.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mike View Post

        I disagree! I find this very surprising! I always thought that a calorie was a calorie was a calorie. Like, it didn't matter if you got your 100 calories from an apple or a twinkie, it was the same. It's surprising and very interesting to me that from where you get your calories matters to how quickly and efficiently you lose weight. I mean, I always knew that eating junk wasn't healthy for you, but in regard to weight loss, I believed that it didn't matter from where you got your calories, what mattered was staying within your limits. Very interesting.
        Exactly! I always thought that a calorie was a calorie was a calorie. I never realized that how your body processes certain foods from where you get your calories could be different. It's really changed my entire perspective on the foods I eat.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by speeddemon View Post

          Exactly! I always thought that a calorie was a calorie was a calorie. I never realized that how your body processes certain foods from where you get your calories could be different. It's really changed my entire perspective on the foods I eat.
          Wow the things you learn...I swear, they should seriously make a new section in supermarkets that have an ailse called "food that makes you fat" or "food that is bad for you"...make it really clear to people how much weight they can gain by eating all the trash food that's sold everywhere!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mike View Post

            I disagree! I find this very surprising! I always thought that a calorie was a calorie was a calorie. Like, it didn't matter if you got your 100 calories from an apple or a twinkie, it was the same. It's surprising and very interesting to me that from where you get your calories matters to how quickly and efficiently you lose weight. I mean, I always knew that eating junk wasn't healthy for you, but in regard to weight loss, I believed that it didn't matter from where you got your calories, what mattered was staying within your limits. Very interesting.
            Me, too! I feel very depressed by this news. Plus, shouldn't they be making this more known to people instead of just trying to encourage them to eat fewere calories, explain the advantages of eating whole foods over processed foods beyond the obvious health factor!

            Comment


            • #7
              Has anyone tried eating only whole foods and given up the prepackaged stuff and noticed the difference to find out if this is actually true? I mean, if you were to stick to the same calories and exercise of course. I think I might give it a try. It sounds like a fun and doable experience. :)
              Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

              Comment

              Weight Loss Products

              Collapse

              Working...
              X