Discouraged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discouraged

This COVID-19 business has me so discouraged and scared. I can't go to the gym anymore and I even feel scared just going for a walk. All I've been doing to distract myself from it all is cook, bake and eat. I'm worried I'm going to be 3,000 pounds by the time all this is done. What are some positive ways I can get back on track while at the same time staying entertained but also keeping healthy and safe?

I know what you mean! It's getting harder to stay happy and motivated. I would recommend following some YouTube videos that provide you with exercises you enjoy or that interest you. It might help to keep your motivation up to do something with others.

Comment

if you live with others, try making exercise a game. Set challenges with prizes (e.g. who can do the most jumping jacks in 5 minutes, or who can march on the same spot for the longest, etc.). Other fun ideas are to engage in fun activities like dancing and stuff like that.

Comment

I know what you mean Kyra! My motivation has plummeted in these past few weeks. That said, I have found ways to be more creative in the house and have actually been watching a lot of YouTube videos of different exercises and that's helped to make things more interesting. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ffviifan View Post
          I know what you mean Kyra! My motivation has plummeted in these past few weeks. That said, I have found ways to be more creative in the house and have actually been watching a lot of YouTube videos of different exercises and that's helped to make things more interesting. :)
          I'm curious. Beyond YouTube, how else have you managed to stay creative. I gotta say, watching TV and movies is starting to get stale around here LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by jan View Post

I'm curious. Beyond YouTube, how else have you managed to stay creative. I gotta say, watching TV and movies is starting to get stale around here LOL.
            I don't know what ffviifan does, but there are lots of ways to be creative. Learn something new (e.g. language, how to play a musical instrument, how to sew, etc.) You can also do some Spring cleaning, organize the things you've been meaning to get around to, etc. I found that once I stopped thinking about what I couldn't do, realizing all the things I wanted to do (or try) became a lot more easier to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Paplo View Post

I don't know what ffviifan does, but there are lots of ways to be creative. Learn something new (e.g. language, how to play a musical instrument, how to sew, etc.) You can also do some Spring cleaning, organize the things you've been meaning to get around to, etc. I found that once I stopped thinking about what I couldn't do, realizing all the things I wanted to do (or try) became a lot more easier to think about.
              I was gonna say the same thing! You need to be creative. Think about what you would have done or wanted to do when you were a kid or a teen. Don't lock yourself into an "I can't do it" box. Be free-thinking and let your imagination run wild!

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X