You have probably heard that Adipex and Phentermine 37.5 are two of the most popular and effective prescription weight loss drugs available. However, did you know that Adipex (Adipex-P) is the leading brand name of the generic form of Phentermine Hydrochloride in a 37.5mg dosage? In other words, they are basically the same medication designed to produce the same results with only very minor differences.
The primary differences between Phentermine 37.5 and Adipex are the following:
- Adipex is the brand name of the diet pill created by GATE Pharmaceuticals. Adipex contains 37.5mg of Phentermine Hydrochloride, which is exactly the same chemical substance and dosage that is used in Phentermine 37.5.
- Unlike Phentermine 37.5, Adipex contains inactive ingredients, such as colorant and corn starch that have been mixed with the chemical substance to create a product that can be easily ingested and recognized.
- All generic phentermine diet pills are bioequivalent to brand names, such as Adipex. Bioequivalence means that brand-name medications and their generic equivalents have been carefully studied and compared to ensure that they are the same and do not differ in efficacy, safety and bioavailability when the are taken at the same dosage. Therefore, the active ingredient “phentermine” that exists in both generic tablets and branded diet pills are exactly the same, so when taken as directed you can expect the same results.
- Aside from actual dosage amounts and pill forms, such is Phentermine 37.5 tablets and Adipex 37.5 capsules, the only real difference that exists between Adipex and Phentermine are the inactive ingredients that have been mixed with the active ingredient. The types of inactive elements that are used can cause diverse effects. For example, the inactive ingredient, resin, slows down the rate at which the body absorbs phentermine.
- Since everyone’s body processes medication in a different way, some people may react differently to the inactive ingredients in Adipex than others who take the same pill. As a result, certain individuals may find that Adipex is either slightly more effective when compared to other generic phentermine alternatives, such as Phentermine 37.5.
- Generic medications are often sold at a lower cost than brand names, so Phentermine 37.5 is usually sold at a cheaper price than Adipex.
In essence, Phentermine 37.5 and Adipex are the exact same drug, however Adipex contains some inactive ingredients that may improve its absorption in the body. For this reason, some people find Adipex better than Phentermine, but their effectiveness to suppress appetite, increase metabolism and boost energy levels is relatively the same. Both Phentermine 37.5 and Adipex are prescription weight loss medications and require a doctor's prescription to be legally purchased online or at a pharmacy.